“Rhythmically and technically sophisticated.”
- Neil Peart, drummer “Rush”
Mark has been playing drums for a long time, and has lots of knowledge to share. He practices non-stop. He was one of the winners of “Modern Drummer” magazine’s very first drum solo contest, which was judged by the magazine’s staff, and well-known RUSH drummer, Neil Peart. Mark was chosen from a pool of over 1,700 entries from drummers world-wide.
A graduate of Cornell University (Bachelor of Science), and Columbia University (MBA), Mark is a former Sabian endorser (he terminated his endorsement contract with Sabian when he realized his true love was Zildjian), has written several instructional articles for Modern Drummer magazine, and has album credits on both major and indie labels.
He’s been recommended for gigs by Kenny Aronoff.
Mark has recorded or performed with:
- Alison Krauss
- Curtis Stigers
- Marshall Crenshaw
- G.E. Smith (SNL, Roger Waters, Hall & Oates)
- Adam Holzman (Miles Davis)
- Andy York (John Mellencamp)
- Tony Shanahan (Patti Smith)
- Big Brother & the Holding Co.
- Cathy Richardson (Jefferson Starship)
- The Drifters
- Emily Remler (jazz great)
- Graham Maby (Joe Jackson)
- Joe Taylor
Mark recently (2010 – 2013) studied with:
- John Riley (Miles Davis, John Scofield, Bob Minzter, Village Vanguard Orchestra).
Mark has also studied extensively with:
- Rick Considine (Former Professor, Berklee College of Music)
- Hank Jaramillo (Drummer’s Collective, longtime drummer on Broadway’s “A Chorus Line”)