Yes, You CAN Learn to Play Drums.
Regardless of Musical Experience, Age or Talent.
And--by the way--you DON'T need a drum set to start learning--that's a myth.
What if I Told You That--Instead of Studying with Someone Who Teaches All Levels, All Styles and All Topics--You Could Learn From Someone Whose SPECIALTY Was Teaching Beginners and That Person Would Show You EXACTLY What You Needed to Learn Without Wasting Any Time On Anything Else?
When you want help with something, don’t you want to go to an expert? (if that’s true, just say “yes” in your mind)
I know that I do. When I need help with something, I am happy to pay a premium price as long as one important condition is met. And that one condition is non-negotiable. Here’s the condition:
The person who I hire to help me must have ACTUALLY DONE the thing that I am asking them to help me with.
It’s Important to Rely on Experts –When I wanted to learn to play better drum solos, I went to Dave DiCenso. Have you seen him play? He is–without a doubt–one of the ten best drum soloists in the world right now. When I wanted to work on reading drum charts better, I went to see Hank Jaramillo, the long-time drummer from the Broadway musical “A Chorus Line.” The charts he had to read every night were not easy!
Does this make sense?
So, if you’re just starting to learn to play the drums–and you’re a beginner or just getting started–wouldn’t you want to learn with someone who is an expert at teaching beginners? There are a ton of drumming personalities and teachers out there and they’re teaching a ton of different stuff.
But most of them are teaching everything to everybody. And plus…they want you to RENT their lessons by subscribing to their websites.
For over a decade, most of my drum students have been beginners. And that’s by design. Early on in my teaching career, I noticed that most drum instructors didn’t seem focused on teaching beginners for some reason. But I am. I love to see that joy from being able to play that first rock beat. Or fill. Or whatever it is. It brings great happiness to people when they begin to learn to play drums.
So I welcomed those beginner students. Nobody else was doing that. And so beginners were drawn to my teaching practice in NYC. And I became an expert at teaching them.
I developed a 4 week course called “Drumming for Absolute Beginners” that was taught at my drum studio in NYC. More than 800 drumming newcomers–most of whom had never played before–learned to play in that course with my teachers and I.
- Over 10 Full Hours of Video Instruction - so you can easily see and hear everything you need to learn with crystal clarity
- 6 lesson modules - so you can have a step-by-step progression as you learn
- 80 - 100 minutes of video in each module - so you can study and learn in manageable chunks of time
- 60 pages of exercises and worksheets on PDF - so you will have the entire written part of the course at your fingertips. You'll want to take the exercise sheets into the practice room with you and so we've got every single example from the course ready to go for you on these worksheets...
- Guaranteed Entry to my Private Beginner Drummers Facebook Group -- where you'll get help and guidance as you work your way through the course. Just because this is an online course doesn't mean you won't get help. You will!! Just ask your question or post your video in the group and either my teachers or I will get you the answers you need to keep moving forward.
- "5 Rock Play-Alongs" - so you can apply what you learn by playing some killer original rock songs with top-notch NYC musicians. These 5 tracks feature MANCIE, a great nyc heavy rock band. All the tracks are mixed without the drums so you can sit in with the band!
- "Bass Genie Volume 1 (Eighth Notes Edition)" - This play-along will give you 10 great bass lines for you to practice what you're learning in the course. The tracks start slow and move up in tempo in order to help you work on getting your eighth-note beats locked in at different tempos.
- "The Top 25 Drummers You Should Know" e-book - so you can discover and be inspired by some of the best drummers of all-time; many of whom you might not know about
- "The Ladder of Eighth Notes" video - so you can develop the ability to put your bass drum anywhere you want to within the essential eighth note rock beat framework
- Modules 1, 2, & 4: Now Available!! (Almost 7 hours of video, 37 Lessons!)
- Module 5: 11/1/22
- Module 6: 1/1/23
Video #2: You Don't Need Drums to Begin: I PROVE IT in this Video
Video #3: About Your Teacher...Who is He?
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee Means No Risk
Our guarantee means you have 30 days to decide if this is the right solution for you.
If you’re pretty sure you think this will work for you, just enroll now.
You don’t have any risk because if, in 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds you decide you’re not happy with this course, I’ll give you your money back right away.
Get the picture? You can’t lose! So enroll now. Decide if you like it later.
So go ahead and click the blue button and make drumming a part of your life forever!
Video #1: Sneak Peek at Footage from the Course
- I'M OVERWHELMED WITH INFORMATION AND CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO BEGIN. HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO DO? - I understand...it's confusing! I've been teaching beginners for more than a decade. I will guide you step-by-step so that you know exactly what to do and in what order. No more confusion. No more jumping around from one YouTube video to another.
- DON'T I HAVE TO HAVE A DRUM SET TO LEARN? --No, you do not need to have a drum set in order to begin learning to play the drums. This is a very common belief, but I assure you that it is INCORRECT. Watch Video #2 Below where I will literally prove that all you need is a practice pad to start learning.
- CAN I LEARN BY PLAYING ALONG WITH SONGS IN THIS COURSE? - Yes! Every module has a play-along. Plus, "Bass Genie" and "5 Rock Play-Alongs" are two bonuses you'll get that give you a whole bunch more stuff to play to...
- WHAT IF I'M TOO OLD OR DON'T HAVE TALENT? - Don't let these myths about age or talent stop you. Age and talent don't matter. They really don't. These are myths. First of all, I've successfully taught many beginning drum students who were in their 50s, 60s and older. Second, you can find scientific proof that hard work and guidance are all you need (not talent) in the book, "The Talent Code" by Daniel Coyle
- DO I HAVE TO PAY EVERY MONTH? - Nope! You'll pay once, and have lifetime access.
Over the course of those years teaching beginners, I also came up with my own proprietary way of teaching called “The 5 Pillar Method.” It’s based on the way I was taught early in my development. There were 5 foundational elements that I always worked on–simultaneously–and that way of learning was crucial to my becoming a good drummer.
So, yeah, you could say I’m an expert at teaching beginners.
The Absolute Beginners course that we taught for more than a decade at our in-person drum studio in nyc is the inspiration for this video course. It was there that this method was tested.
And it works! Like I said earlier, there are more than 800 students who took the class and changed their lives for the better.
I know it sounds corny, but it’s true that the change is significant.
Imagine that you can just go sit down at a set of drums and play–confidently–off the top of your head.
That’s what this course can do for you. It’s a proven method that anyone can use to learn the drums from anywhere.
Modules 1, 2, 3 & 4 are finished and now available (that’s almost 7 hours of video lessons!) Each additional module will be released according to the schedule listed elsewhere on this page.
By the way, I’m going to continue to add even more and more lesson modules after the initial six (I’m not totally sure how many yet), so when you enroll in the course, you’ll have lifetime access to everything including all the additional modules.
So, this course is a living, breathing, developing entity that—most importantly—will teach you to play the drums from the very beginning.
The “Drumming for Absolute Beginners” 6-Module Video Course has over 10 full hours of video, and will walk you through the process of learning the drums step-by-step with no confusion, and no subscription so you can own it forever and avoid another annoying monthly payment.
You can watch the videos over and over again as many times as you need to. You’ll also get 5 play-along tracks from a great rock band called MANCIE so you can play songs. You’ll get free, guaranteed admission into my Facebook group for beginner drummers where you can get help with the course directly from me and my teachers–so you’ll get all your questions answered as you work through the course.
There are other free bonuses as well: “The Top 25 Drummers You Should Know” e-book will tell you about some of the best drummers in history and give you a listening guide to their work so you can listen and be massively inspired.
“The Ladder of Eighth Notes,” a video lesson that will systematically guide you through a method of developing full bass drum independence within the eighth note rock drumming framework.
Finally, “Bass Genie, Volume 1” is a collection of 10 eighth note bass lines for you to play with. Learning to play with a bassist is an important skill for all drummers and this play-along collection will help you do that. It’s also designed to systematically work on your eighth note rock beat grooves. You’ll start slowly (64 bpm) and work your way up to around 150 bpm–that will allow you to handle almost any tempo that would be thrown at you if you go to play in a band.
I’m now accepting enrollments for the course.
Click the Blue Button and you’ll be taken to another page where you can enroll for the course at a special discounted price.
After months of selling the course here at $997, I decided to discount it to $397 to make it possible for more people to learn to play the drums.
I know, it’s still not cheap. But, you know, my experience has been that the good stuff costs more. Plain and simple.
So don’t delay, enroll today!
Now Just $397
All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2022 BANG! The Drum School LLC