Back when I was shedding a lot of Philly Joe Jones and Vinnie Ruggiero stuff, I started writing out some cadences that came to me while practicing. What strikes me as I look over this material again is how musical it is. The phrases have space and are syncopated in that traditional jazz type of way. And that makes them sound great. I wrote a few of these, so I will look for the rest of them. In the meantime, this should do as a start.
This one is called “King Cadence.” By the way, two of the definitions of “cadence” are:
- The rhythmic flow of a sequence of sounds or words
- A rhythmic pattern that is non-metrically structured
Here is the PDF: King Cadence
Don't miss LEVEL5's next show: 10:30pm on Wed, 4/11/17 at NYC's legendary club, The Bitter End.
"The Sybil EP," the debut from Mark Feldman's LEVEL5, is due for release in 2018, and features Oz Noy and Will Lee.
Latest posts by Mark Feldman (see all)
- 9 AC DC Drum Chart PDFs - March 18, 2018
- A Philly Joe Jones Lick aka Nasty Drum Lick 109 - March 11, 2018
- Funk Translations for Ted Reed’s “Syncopation” Part 8 - February 28, 2018