Back when I was shedding a lot of Philly Joe Jones and Vinnie Ruggiero stuff, I started writing out some cadences that came to me while practicing. What strikes me as I look over this material again is how musical it is. The phrases have space and are syncopated in that traditional jazz type of way. And that makes them sound great. I wrote a few of these, so I will look for the rest of them. In the meantime, this should do as a start.
This one is called “King Cadence.” By the way, two of the definitions of “cadence” are:
- The rhythmic flow of a sequence of sounds or words
- A rhythmic pattern that is non-metrically structured
Here is the PDF: King Cadence
- RLRLF: a Unique 5 Note Drum Fill and Soloing Idea - April 13, 2021
- How The Hell Do I Learn To Play Drum Solos?Part 1 – Vocabulary and “Drum Solo Sequences” - March 22, 2021
- How to Make High Quality Drum Videos for Social Media - February 10, 2021