I love these types of time-playing ideas.
The first time I heard this kind of playing was when I was introduced to the drumming of Steve Gadd. His famous hi-hat/snare/bass drum ideas were always exciting and propelled the music forward.
There are other posts with these types of licks offered elsewhere in the blog. You can check out some links at the bottom of this post.
Here is the new one I’ve got for you. Check out the video below and download the PDF with the lick here: Nasty Lick 134
Here are a few other time-playing licks to check out:
- Nasty Drum Lick 79: A Linear Sextuplet Groove Idea
- Nasty Drum Lick 98: A Slick 32nd Note Groove Idea
PS – Imagine that you could regularly get these Nasty Licks delivered to your email inbox every time we post one. Great drumming vocabulary to raise your drumming level–free. Go do it–just type your email addy into the form below, and click that button.
- RLRLF: a Unique 5 Note Drum Fill and Soloing Idea - April 13, 2021
- How The Hell Do I Learn To Play Drum Solos?Part 1 – Vocabulary and “Drum Solo Sequences” - March 22, 2021
- How to Make High Quality Drum Videos for Social Media - February 10, 2021